Friday, January 28, 2011


We used to have a window seat like this in my old house in Raleigh. I used to sit there all the time and stare out the window at the big trees and swingset in our backyard. My favorite picture of me and my brother when we were younger was taken in that window seat. One night Mom cooked spaghetti and I piled a huge heap of it with lots of sauce on my plate and carried it over to take my seat on the bench by the window, but while I was scooting in the seat, I tilted my plate full of (very hot) spaghetti and poured it all down the front of me and onto the window seat --this was also around the age where I didnt like to wear clothes, around age five (a little old, I know) but this spaghetti mishap was just another excuse for me to run around naked. That window seat was where we did birthdays and holidays  and family meals (before we discovered tray-tables), and celebrations with the family. When I move into a house and have a family of my own, one of the requirements is that we must have a window seat to share special times and day dream out the big bay window.

via happnstance

No comments:

Post a Comment