Monday, December 6, 2010

Sometimes I'm pretty content with my life and the way its going and what I've decided to do with it. But then other moments, I want to do more and experience more and push myself to experience different things. I've never really been good at one specific thing and I want to be. The only thing I can think of is that I like old people. I worked at a retirement home in high school and loved being surrounded by all of those elderly people and hearing their stories and how they lived their life. I guess I like them so much and taking care of people that I decided to major in something like that. But I wonder if thats really what I want to be doing for the rest of my life.
Last week I was restless laying on the couch and wanted to be crafty and do something creative. I got up and drove to Michaels to buy paint and a canvas to try to come up with something half way decent to hang on my wall and be proud of. But before I could get home to try to be artsy, I was rear-ended and put my plan on hold. It kind of felt like I was being punished for wanting to branch out and do something more. But that makes me want to try new things even more. I want to study abroad in Italy this summer and take a photography class and take journalism classes and art classes and maybe even work in retail since its the only thing my dad thinks ill be good it haha. So with a new bumper coming soon, Im still trying to make more of myself and push myself harder to become more me.

No comments:

Post a Comment