Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"If you don't have the support and love and caring and concern that you get from a family, you don't have much at all. Love is supremely important". - Tuesdays With Morrie

When I was in high school I couldn't wait to get out of the house and go off to college. Now, I'm thankful for every moment I get to spend at home. This past weekend, Joe and I flew home to Pennsylvania for Fall Break. We did all of the typical touristy/couple-y things like taking a tour around Philly and carving pumpkins and going to a haunted house. But all I really wanted to do was be with my mom. This summer, right before I came back to  Chapel Hill, I was told my mom had cancer. For the second time. In the same breast. After she'd already had a mastectomy. I still can't believe this is happening to us again. Now I don't take anything for granted. I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with my family and friends now. I recently counted it out and I get to see my family every two weeks until Christmas and that makes me so happy. I want to be there for my mom when shes having a tough time but the best I can do is be a text or a phone call away. So mom, I love you and your bald head and I'm so proud of you and I cant wait to love on you again next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment